The Entrepreneurship programme
Undergraduate Study programme
Slovene or Full English Track
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE STUDY
Duration of study: 3 years (6 semesters) and 180 ECTS
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Economics
STUDY MODE: We offer a variety of learning and teaching approaches including lectures, seminars, case studies, workshops, presentations, group discussions and project work. Modules are assessed by a mix of coursework assignments, presentations and exams.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ENROLMENT IN THE FIRST YEAR OF STUDY:
• Successfully completed appropriate secondary education.
• Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English.
• Completed recognition procedure for secondary-school certificates obtained abroad.
OPEN DAY AND INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION
Individual consultation – APPLY HERE
ONLINE OPEN DAY: March 9, 2 PM (CET) – APPLY HERE (or click the button below)
Find out if GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship is right for you by attending an Individual meeting throughout the year. The programme staff will explain the programme and answer your questions via collaboration platform.
Book your meeting via form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are international applicant, contact GEA College International Office Representative via email: Polona.Gacnik@gea-college.si
The first application deadline: from 15th of February to 15th of July 2023
The second application deadline: from 1st of August to 05th of September 2023
Candidates can apply by submitting an electronic application on the website of the Ministry of education, science and sport: http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?locale=en
Reserve Your Spot in the Programme
Reserve your spot in the programme and get advice on application procedures.
Why choose Entrepreneurship?
- Developing entrepreneurial skills and mind-set. It is through the case studies and a lot of practice complementing the theoretical part that the students will gain the skills and knowledge to start their own venture or add value to their already established small or medium sized private or family enterprises.
- High efficiency and employability. Our graduates have the knowledge, courage and passion to succeed in their careers. The employment rate of the GEA College graduates is above the Slovenian average.
- Renowned lecturers and professionals. You will be trained to think critically, communicate effectively and manage
new business in today’s globally competitive business environment. Lecturers and mentors in various fields with many years of business experience will guide you to reach your maximum .
Who is the programme intended for?
The programme focuses on two main groups: students worldwide who are looking for a business degree recognized in Europe and overseas.
- Creative individuals, who wish to successfully continue managing family companies, and visionaries with a desire to create new entrepreneurial ideas.
- Everyone who aims to acquire quality and all-round education with the possibility of choosing the desired career path, and those who wish to complement their specific and technical knowledge with mastering the fields of economy and management.
- Entrepreneurs, employees and those who wish to upgrade and enrich their knowledge, as well as acquire entrepreneurial skills and virtues.
The study encourages entrepreneurial stance and progressive and creative thinking, as well as offers applicative knowledge in reaching successful business efforts in any field.
The acquisition of competences
The Acquisition of competences:
- knowledge in economy;
- acquisition of knowledge to develop the creative way of thinking;
- mastery of marketing skills and acquisition of marketing abilities;
- knowledge in the organisation-human resources field;
- mastery of finance;
- acquisition of the proficiency in foreign languages;
- knowledge of international environment and global business;
- acquisition of broad knowledge with the option of selecting various optional subjects.
Read more about the programme
The specialised Entrepreneurship study programme to master entrepreneurial skills in theory and practice
The programme offers all advanced knowledge necessary to manage one’s own company, family company with tradition and departments or projects in large systems.
Less than 5% of GEA College graduates are unemployed. The Entrepreneurship study programme provides the acquisition of knowledge that offers the option to make many professional careers in the selected field; marketing, trade, finance, management, management of small or large companies or systems.
The study is intended for creative individuals who want to successfully pursue the management of family company, and visionaries striving to create new business ideas. And also for all who want to gain quality and broad education that offers the option of making various professional careers, and those who are willing to complement their specific and technical knowledge with the expertise in the field of economy and management.The study is also designed for entrepreneurs, employees and those who want to upgrade and enhance their knowledge and master the entrepreneurial skills and excellence, since the part-time study offers customised terms of lectures and exams.
The integration in the international environment and acknowledged experts
The study provides the integration in the international environment. There is also an option of career enhancement within the Erasmus programme or in a form of excursions.The international student exchange (study or practical training) is implemented at over 30 partner institutions.
The lecturers are established experts in various fields and acknowledged businessmen with national and international experience.They offer support and assistance to students in designing their own business ideas.
In addition to curricular obligations, there are also extracurricular activities available: the Career Centre assistance, tutorship, the Alumni club, excursions and other student activities. The study is also supported with a modern e-Portal offering study content 24/7.
Undergraduate study programme – Entrepreneurship:
- connects theoretical and practical managerial and entrepreneurial knowledge and skills;
- stimulates the development of entrepreneurial spirit;
- promotes the development of a creative way of thinking;
- emphasises the importance of the development of an individual;
- creates new business opportunities for students;
- stimulates the life-long learning;
- promotes the social integration of students.
All our study programmes are accredited by SQAA (Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, NAKVIS) and by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Slovenia, thus the degrees are recognized internationally. GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship and study program Entrepreneurship of 1st bologna level has also been evaluated by German institution for quality assessment in higher education, FIBAA.
GEA College – Faculty of Entreprenusrhip is accredited in Slovenia according to the Slovenian higher education standards, Higher education act and Bologna principles. There are the same standards for accreditation all types of higher education insitution (public or independent) and Slovene Agency for Quality Assurance (SQAA – NAKVIS) performes accreditaion process for all HEI. Once accredited all institutions are included in the official register of the higher education institution and study programs in Slovenia.