The Entrepreneurship programme
Application and Admission Procedure
First cycle application procedure
Call for enrolment into undergraduate study programme of the GAE College is published each year on the 31th of January for the next academic year. Candidates apply for enrolment into the undergraduate study in accordance with the deadlines and the method specified in the Call for Enrolment at the eVŠ web portal.
Candidates can apply by submitting an electronic application on the website of the Ministry of education, science and sport: http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/, which needs to be printed out, signed and sent to the following address: GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship, Dunajska 156, 1000 Ljubljana (Slovenia) together with other required documents.
The deadline in the first application period:
– The candidates have to submit their application between February 12 and July 25, 2021.
The deadline in the second application period:
– The candidates have to submit their application between July 26 and September 15, 2021.
In application procedure candidates can be unsuccessful if:
– The application has been sent electronically to the eVŠ and did not arrive in the mail;
– The application did not arrive in time, because it was submitted after the deadline;
– The application did not arrive in time, because it was received after the deadline, and the deadline was not recommended but submitted by regular mail;
– The application is received within the time limit, but has been deleted in the ESS (Electronic version not available).
In the case that the applicant did not sign the application for entry or has not attached all the relevant supplements he/she is once requested to complete the application.
Decision rejecting the application for registration is issued.
Anyone that has completed the following is eligible to enrol in the GEA College of Entrepreneurship study programme 1. Cycle:
- General matura
- Vocational matura
- Any four-year secondary school program before 1 June 1995
In case of limited enrolment, candidates will be selected based on:
- Overall performance on general matura or vocational matura 60%
- Overall performance in the third and fourth years of secondary school 40%
In admission procedure candidates can be unsuccessful if:
- They don’t meet the general requests
- They don’t collect enough points
- There is not enough candidates for particular programme or particular location and the programme will not be carried out
Written decision is issued.
Recognition of foreign education proces
Recognition of foreign education is regulated by Act on Assessment and Recognition of Education (Uradni list RS, št. 87/11, 97/11 – popr. in 109/12) with regard to international and bilateral agreements concluded between the Republic of Slovenia and other countries.
See more: ENIC-NARIC centre
Recognition with a view to access to education in the Republic of Slovenia is a procedure whereby, in the course of enrolment, holders of foreign certificates and diplomas are issued decisions on recognition of their education for access to study programmes in Slovenian higher education.
The procedure is initiated by holders of foreign certificates and diplomas, wishing to pursuit higher education in one of the programmes in one of the calls for enrolment.
- The former Yugoslav certificates and diplomas, obtained before June 25, 1991, are valid and are not processed within the recognition procedure;
- The IB diplomas are recognized by the Act on General Secondary Education (OJ of RS, No. 1-07) and are not processed within the recognition procedure;
Foreign citizens who have completed a four year secondary school abroad may enrol if they complete the procedure of recognition of foreign education. Candidates who have not yet obtained a decision on recognition of foreign education will submit an application for the recognition of foreign education at the same time as the application for enrolment to the first year study (application for enrolment will also be treated as the application for recognition of foreign education).
Recognition procedure application
International students who do not hold a Decision on Recognition (or Nostrification) submit the online Application form (eVŠ http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/), which will automatically trigger the Recognition Process. The Application form, the N-Form and all obligatory must be submitted by registered post to GEA College.
After the application for recognition of education is complete, the procedure should take two months at the longest. In case there are additional requirements to be made, the procedure may be prolonged.
The deadlines for issuing a Decision on Recognition is in accordance with the Law on Evaluation and Recognition of Education (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 87/2011, No. 97/2011 – after and 109/2012) two months from the receipt of a complete application. Applicants who have applied in time, but it cannot be expected to receive a Decision on Recognition by 30th of September 2020, is advised to apply to the Faculty for an extension of the enrolment deadline.
International applicants must submit additional documentation with the application no later than the end of the 1st or 2nd Application Deadline.
- original of the certificate/diploma, proving completed or partially completed foreign education (not mandatory),
- photocopy of the certificate/diploma referred to in the first indent (the same size and shape),
- certified Slovene translation of the certificate/diploma referred to in the first indent,
- photocopy of the evidence on the contents and duration of education and the requirements fulfilled during the educational programme (Diploma supplement, annual report cards for 3rd and 4th year, transcripts or others),
- certified Slovene translation on the contents and duration of education and the requirements fulfilled during the educational programme (Diploma supplement, annual report cards for 3rd and 4th year, transcripts or others),
- short chronological description of the entire education prepared and signed by the applicant or his legal guardian.
Please note, that the list of required documents the Recognition Process may vary depending on the country of origin of the education certificate, so candidates are advised to consult with the responsible person at GEA College: Anamarija Meglič (email@example.com).
Candidates will receive enrolment documents, a tuition invoice and further instructions together with the admission notification.
Candidates who are accepted in the selection procedure can enrol on the basis of a written decision of the Admissions Office of GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship by the following dates:
- Candidates who are accepted in the 1st application period can enrol by 31 August 2021 at the latest.
- Candidates who are accepted in the 2nd application period can enrol by 30 September 2021 at the latest.
All our study programmes are accredited by SQAA (Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, NAKVIS) and by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Slovenia, thus the degrees are recognized internationally. GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship and study program Entrepreneurship of 1st bologna level has also been evaluated by German institution for quality assessment in higher education, FIBAA.
GEA College – Faculty of Entreprenusrhip is accredited in Slovenia according to the Slovenian higher education standards, Higher education act and Bologna principles. There are the same standards for accreditation all types of higher education insitution (public or independent) and Slovene Agency for Quality Assurance (SQAA – NAKVIS) performes accreditaion process for all HEI. Once accredited all institutions are included in the official register of the higher education institution and study programs in Slovenia.