The Entrepreneurship programme
Application and Admission Procedure
First cycle application procedure
Call for enrolment into undergraduate study programme of the GAE College is published each year on the 31th of January for the next academic year. Candidates apply for enrolment into the undergraduate study in accordance with the deadlines and the method specified in the Call for Enrolment at the eVŠ web portal.
Candidates can apply by submitting an electronic application on the website of the Ministry of education, science and sport: http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/, which needs to be printed out, signed and sent to the following address: GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship, Dunajska 156, 1000 Ljubljana (Slovenia) together with other required documents.
The deadline in the first application period:
– The candidates have to submit their application between February 12 and July 25, 2019.
The deadline in the second application period:
– The candidates have to submit their application between August 1 and September 15, 2019.
In application procedure candidates can be unsuccessful if:
– The application has been sent electronically to the eVŠ and did not arrive in the mail;
– The application did not arrive in time, because it was submitted after the deadline;
– The application did not arrive in time, because it was received after the deadline, and the deadline was not recommended but submitted by regular mail;
– The application is received within the time limit, but has been deleted in the ESS (Electronic version not available).
In the case that the applicant did not sign the application for entry or has not attached all the relevant supplements he/she is once requested to complete the application.
Decision rejecting the application for registration is issued.
Anyone that has completed the following is eligible to enrol in the GEA College of Entrepreneurship study programme 1. Cycle:
- General matura
- Vocational matura
- Any four-year secondary school program before 1 June 1995
In case of limited enrolment, candidates will be selected based on:
- Overall performance on general matura or vocational matura 60%
- Overall performance in the third and fourth years of secondary school 40%
In admission procedure candidates can be unsuccessful if:
- They don’t meet the general requests
- They don’t collect enough points
- There is not enough candidates for particular programme or particular location and the programme will not be carried out
Written decision is issued.
Recognition of foreign education proces
Recognition of foreign education is regulated by Act on Assessment and Recognition of Education (Uradni list RS, št. 87/11, 97/11 – popr. in 109/12) with regard to international and bilateral agreements concluded between the Republic of Slovenia and other countries.
See more: ENIC-NARIC centre
Recognition with a view to access to education in the Republic of Slovenia is a procedure whereby, in the course of enrolment, holders of foreign certificates and diplomas are issued decisions on recognition of their education for access to study programmes in Slovenian higher education.
The procedure is initiated by holders of foreign certificates and diplomas, wishing to pursuit higher education in one of the programmes in one of the calls for enrolment.
After the application for recognition of education is complete, the procedure should take two months at the longest. In case there are additional requirements to be made, the procedure may be prolonged.
- The former Yugoslav certificates and diplomas, obtained before June 25, 1991, are valid and are not processed within the recognition procedure;
- The IB diplomas are recognized by the Act on General Secondary Education (OJ of RS, No. 1-07) and are not processed within the recognition procedure;
Foreign citizens who have completed a four year secondary school abroad may enrol if they complete the procedure of recognition of foreign education. Candidates who have not yet obtained a decision on recognition of foreign education will submit an application for the recognition of foreign education at the same time as the application for enrolment to the first year study (application for enrolment will also be treated as the application for recognition of foreign education)
- Verified copy of birth certificate or certificate of citizenship or passport or personal identity card (notary or Apostille),
- Translation into Slovenian or English by a court appointed translator of birth certificate or certificate of citizenship or passport or personal identity card (translation is not necessary for documents in the following languages: English, Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian if the writing of the document is in Latin script),
- Verified copies of the secondary school certificates (secondary school exit certificate and certificates of the last two years with all the graded subjects, including the corresponding marks, specified in the certificate,
- Translations of the secondary school certificates (secondary school exit certificate and certificates of the last two years) into Slovenian or English by a court appointed translator (translation is not necessary for documents in the following languages: English, Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian if the writing of the document is in Latin script),
- Decision on recognition of certificates obtained abroad,
- Original of the certificate/diploma, proving completed foreign education (*required only from candidates who are in the process of obtaining the Decision on recognition of certificates obtained abroad),
- Photocopy of the residual secondary school yearly certificates (*required only from candidates who are in the process of obtaining the Decision on recognition of certificates obtained abroad),
- Short chronological description of the entire education prepared and signed by the candidate (*required only from candidates who are in the process of obtaining the Decision on recognition of certificates obtained abroad).
Candidates will receive enrolment documents, a tuition invoice and further instructions together with the admission notification.
Candidates who are accepted in the selection procedure can enrol on the basis of a written decision of the Admissions Office of GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship by the following dates:
- Candidates who are accepted in the 1st application period can enrol by 31 August 2017 at the latest.
- Candidates who are accepted in the 2nd application period can enrol by 30 September 2017 at the latest.
All our study programmes are accredited by SQAA (Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, NAKVIS) and by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Slovenia, thus the degrees are recognized internationally. GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship and study program Entrepreneurship of 1st bologna level has also been evaluated by German institution for quality assessment in higher education, FIBAA.
GEA College – Faculty of Entreprenusrhip is accredited in Slovenia according to the Slovenian higher education standards, Higher education act and Bologna principles. There are the same standards for accreditation all types of higher education insitution (public or independent) and Slovene Agency for Quality Assurance (SQAA – NAKVIS) performes accreditaion process for all HEI. Once accredited all institutions are included in the official register of the higher education institution and study programs in Slovenia.